Plants never tasted so good.

3.4.12

What I Ate Wednesday #8

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
 
 

Hi Everyone! Another week past, and another day of awesome plant based meals.  I always base my WIAW on my Tuesday meals. Today, we had lots of variety and managed to squeeze in some healthy meals into a really busy day.

 Breakfast was a tofu scramble

Tofu Scramble

It was chock full of veggies, onions, sweet potatoes, spinach, hot peppers, sweet peppers, shitake mushrooms, diced tomatoes and tofu.  Seasoned to perfection with nutritional yeast, garlic, onion, sea salt, turmeric, and some Braggs.

Stats for this huge plate: 240 calories, 6g fat, 19g protein, 10g fiber, 25% daily calcium and 31% daily iron!

P1040840

This was very filling after a cardio and HIIT workout.  It had to keep me full through some dessert recipe testing.  I was working on Superfood chocolate cherry energy balls and banana cream pie that will be part of an upcoming post.

Lunch was started at 7am, so I could include it in Mya’s lunch too.  One of her favorites, Chickpea “Tuna” Salad.

Chickpea Tuna

For Mya’s lunch, I served it on whole wheat. For Andy and myself, it was on a Trader Joe Reduced Carb Wrap with spring mix, tomato and onion.

Stats for 1 wrap: 180 calories, 5g fat, 9g protein, 12g fiber,     8% daily calcium, and 11% daily iron.

P1040862 P1040863
P1040867 P1040871

P1040868

Chickpea Tuna Wrap

After lunch, we had a bit of running around to do.  When we arrived back home, my recipe for Cashew based Banana Cream Pie in a Raw Nut Crust was ready to taste. (YAY!)  It was worth the two hour wait to firm up.  The layer of banana cream was rich, creamy, and full of banana flavor. The crust was so delicious with the crunch of raw nuts and the sweetness of dates..  I swear I will never bake or buy a regular crust again.  Raw nuts and dates are the way to go  nutritionally and for flavor and texture.  The crust is like a dessert on it’s own. check out the stats for this decadent dessert.

Stats for 1 slice (10 slices in whole pie): 254 calories, 15g fat, 11g protein, 4g fiber, 8% daily calcium and 12% daily iron.

Slice Banana Cream Pie

banana cream pie whole

P1040879

After school, we were in a mad rush to get work done and prepare for the Strings Concert Mya was performing in.

P1040897

Dinner was made in a hurry.  I made a stir fry over quinoa with dumplings on the side.  I find quinoa is so much easier than rice, it cooks in less than half the time, you get more volume and much superior nutrition.  I also had a bag of frozen Asian vegetables that I cooked along side a bag of Gardein mandarin orange crispy chick'n. That is Mya’s favorite chick’n.  My wok was no where to be found, so I used my double skillet.  I put the veggies on one side, chick’n on the other, they both cooked up perfect.  Everyone cleaned there plates and off to the concert we went.

Stats for my dinner plate with two dumplings: 409 calories, 5g fat, 17g protein, 4g fiber, 8% daily calcium and 8% daily iron.

Stirfry with Quinoa

P1040884 P1040885
P1040887

P1040889

It was a beautiful performance.  Mya is first year, so they only played a small part in the concert, but the middle school and high school students performed like an well seasoned orchestra.  You can see the time and effort the students and there instructors put in to achieve that kind of professional performance. I am excited to see if Mya continues with the violin, she really has improved so much through this year.

Strings Concert

I rounded out my nutrition for the day with a small bowl of whole grain (Uncle Sams) cereal in coconut almond milk. I also enjoyed two cups of coffee that are not pictured here.

Thanks for reading about my crazy day and all the meals along the way.  Have a great Wednesday!

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

11 comments:

  1. I have yet to make a tofu scramble but that looks delicious and now it has moved up my list of to do's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Discovered your blog through WIAW. I am now your newest follower! I love the look of that tofu scramble. In fact, I wish I had been at your house for breakfast! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mattie and Jo! I am currently having comment issues, so I cannot direct reply. Thanks for the breakfast compliments. I posted the recipe within the link now. If you look at the top you will see it highlighted. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You kept things so healthy, even despite the crazy! It all looks great, especially that wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Tofu scramble and that chickpea "tuna" salad sounds so amazing :) Do you have a recipe for the chickpea salad? I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh wow that banana cream pie! wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man! I wish I could cook like that on a busy day. Everything looks delicious and super healthy! that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I please come over for dinner and dessert one time this summer? Looks delicious...all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. all this food looks so great. i especially love the look of that stir fry. and my! the protein! beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts