Plants never tasted so good.

26.1.12

Garden Vegetable Tofu Scramble

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1030911_edited-1
I know, another scramble.  I cannot help myself, after 1/2 hour on the elliptical at 6:00am, I am hungry.  As much as I try to vary my breakfast, over and over again, I come bake to the scramble.  I adore it.  Light and fluffy tofu “eggs” and all those veggies leave me fueled to get my workout done.  It is also so full of flavor, I never get bored or my scrambles. 
Today, I made a garden scramble for two.  Here is the recipe:
  • 1/2 pack tofu drained and crumbled into chunks
  • 1/4 of a large sweet onion, sliced
  • 8 mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (I used canned low sodium)
  • 1/4 cup frozen diced roasted poblano peppers
  • 1/4 cup frozen diced roasted red peppers
  • 3 heaping cups baby spinach
  • 1/8 cup low sodium vegetable broth
  • 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
  • 2 Shakes turmeric
  • Mrs. Dash Garlic Blend ( a few shakes)
Method:
Bring two cups of salted water to boil in a small pan.  While waiting for water to boil, Preheat skillet, then spray with cooking spray.  Add onions and let them cook a few minutes.  Once water boils, add chunks of tofu, reduce to a simmer.  Add mushrooms to the pan, cook until they begin to brown, then add both peppers.  Once peppers are cooked, push all veggies to the side and then add you vegetable broth to the pan, now add the spinach to the broth.  It will steam down quickly.  Drain tofu from water and place in a bowl.  Season with nutritional yeast, Mrs. Dash, and turmeric.  Stir until all tofu becomes a little yellow.  Push the spinach to the side in the pan, add the tofu to the pan.  Then add the diced tomatoes in the pan right on top of the tofu.    Let it cook about two minutes, then mix it all together.  Season with salt and pepper or Mrs. Dash if you like.
P1030901_edited-1
Viola, awesome generous nutrient dense breakfast that is only 192 calories.  With my coffee and 3 tbsp. soy creamer, that is still under 250 calories!  This even gave me enough energy to walk Mya to school, which we never do and I did my full body workout when I got home.
P1030909_edited-1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts