Plants never tasted so good.

29.1.12

Skinny Chick’n Salad Cups

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1030918_edited-1

As you all know I have been doing a seven day super clean diet this week. At lunch, I was craving my favorite chick’n salad, and I really wanted to make some.  I knew my vegan mayo and nuts were out for this week, but I figured I could still kill a craving and make a tasty skinnier version.  It worked.

First off, instead of wraps, I used sweet tender Boston butter lettuce leaves.  Second, I replaced the mayo with a plain soy super yogurt that was high in protein, fiber and probiotics.  I added a dash of lemon juice to the yogurt for a nice tang.  Third, I chopped spring mix right into the chick’n salad mixture to give it some more body and nutrients.  Here is the recipe I came up with:

Skinny Chick’n Salad Cups ~ Serves 4

  • 1 package Gardein Chick’n Scaloppini Pieces (4 piece)
  • 1/2 sweet onion, minced
  • 1 stalk celery, minced
  • 1/2 small apple, chopped small
  • 2 cups spring mix, finely shredded
  • 3 tbsp. Soy Yogurt
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • Mrs. Dash
  • 12 Boston lettuce leaves

Cook Chick'’n according to package directions.  Once chick’n is cooked, on a cutting board, chop in tino small pieces, then spread out pieces on a plate and put it in the freezer to cool.

In a small bowl mix the yogurt, lemon juice and as much Mrs. dash as you like to taste.  You can use the garlic blend, onion blend, original, or lemon blend, whatever your preference.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the onion, celery, apple, and spring mix.  Remove chicken from freezer.  Add to the bowl of veggies.  Mix together.  Now, add the yogurt mixture to chick’n and veggies, blending until everything is well coated.  At this point it is read to serve, or you can wrap it and place it in the fridge until the flavors are well combined. 

When read to serve, Place 3 leaves  of Boston lettuce per plate, serve even amounts of  the chick’n salad  on each leaf.  You can use a large ice cream scoop to have a perfect amount.  Each person can then easily fold over the tender leaf and enjoy a nice little chick’n salad cup.  I will not lie, if I am not eating super clean, then a little vegan may does add a real richness, so feel free to add it if you have the extra 100 calories a tbsp. to spare.  I just did not wan to t walk 20 minute to burn off the mayo!

Did I mention that prepared this way, three cups has only 127 calories, 4 grams fiber, 2 grams of fat  and 15 grams of protein!  It also contains nearly 15% of your daily calcium, gotta love those leafy greens!

P1030917_edited-1

 

P1030919_edited-1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts