Plants never tasted so good.

7.3.12

What I Ate Wednesday #4

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

Here is another day in the life of the Sinfully Nutritious Family.  I am loving the What I Ate Wednesday posts!  So here goes…

Breakfast:

Tofu Florentine with Portabella Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions over a double fiber whole grain English muffin.

P1040404_edited-1

This is a perfect 300 calorie breakfast. So tasty and filling.

P1040403

P1040401

Post Work Out Meal:

Mixed Fruit with Cake Batter Tofu and Flax Plus Granola

P1040384

P1040383

Lunch:

Mini Raw Cashew Cheese Pizza’s

on Portabella & Pitas

P1040451

Toppings included fresh peppers, onion, tomatoes, spinach, olives, and sun dried tomatoes.

P1040452

The raw cashew cheese was such a great addition to these little pizzas. I soaked the cashews for about 6 hours, then blended them in the food processor with some fresh lemon juice, garlic, herbs and spices until it became a smooth and spreadable cheese. YUM. 

P1040453

Andy enjoyed every bite!

P1040458

Snack:

Raw Strawberry Macaroons (Ani Phyo Recipe)

P1040423

Fresh organic strawberries, dates, a little agave, and 2 cups coconut, make these balls of strawberry heaven. Dehydrate them overnight and you have strawberry macaroons that will make you smile. Smile

Mya loved these.  They look like the pink snowballs that my friends used to eat. My mom said they were junk, and thankfully I believed her.  These however are pretty healthy as a dessert alternative. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  This is a great recipe from Ani Pho’s Raw Desserts book.  Now, I know what I am making with my first ripe batch of strawberries from my garden.

P1040424

P1040415

Dinner:

Amy’s Veggie Burgers with salad and baked sweet potatoes.

P1040459

Mine had no roll, I just ate it right over salad, nice and light.

P1040250

I have been swamped in my office this week. Working on taxes! What a mess.  Posting has been limited.  I hope my WIAW made up for it.

image

You can join the fun too.  Just click the link above to post your WIAW.

Have a great Wednesday!

Ciao,

Maria

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts