Plants never tasted so good.

2.1.12

Tofu Florentine

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1030468_edited-1

It’s 8:30 and I am sitting at my desk sipping on a plain green tea and feeling that I am off to another good start.  I wrote my to-do list, I already got in 1500 steps, and I made this fabulous balanced breakfast.  This is my version of an eggs Florentine. I served this open face on a whole wheat English muffin, which makes me feel like I am eating twice as much.  I used vegetable broth instead of oil to cook my veggies, which for 4 halves, included 1/2 a sweet onion, 3 cups baby spinach and 1 whole diced portabella mushroom.  I seasoned the veggies with Mrs. Dash garlicky/oniony seasoning and lots of cracked black pepper.  In a separate pot I poached my cut tofu slices in boiling salted water.  Once they are “eggy”, I just place them onto of my Florentine and season with pepper.

This is a hearty breakfast, yet it only weighed in a 307 calories!  That even included a tsp. of Earth Balance buttery spread in my muffin.  Add in one cup of Starbuck’s Verona K-cup and tbsp. silk vanilla creamer and my total breakfast is still only 367 calories! 

The break down for 2 open face halves: 307 Calories, 9.9 grams fat, 35 carbs, and 20 grams protein (this also contained 23% of my daily calcium, 21% daily iron, and 90% daily vitamin A) NO CHOLESTEROL!

Enjoy the pics, I am off to workout and plan lunch!  Mya is off one more day, I am going to be sad tomorrow! 

P1030464

P1030472_edited-1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts