Plants never tasted so good.

1.1.12

Portabella Steak Salad

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1030453
It is now 1:20pm, half through New Years Day, and I am happily still on track.  I have walked over 3100 steps so far, mostly in the kitchen, and I have conquered cleaning up one corner of the house.  That my friends is an accomplishment. 
So I made lunch.  See what I mean about rewarding yourself along the way ! Smile
I made this super salad for lunch.  This is my creation for making a steak salad without meat substitutes.    In a hot cast iron skillet, I laid out three sliced portabella mushrooms.  Seasoned them with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.  I put a lid on and let them cook until them were firm, but still juicy, flipping once.  The last 30 seconds of cook time I added a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce  and a sprinkle of herbs de Provence.  I removed those from the stove and placed them on a plate to cool.  In the same pan I cooked up a trio of frozen sliced peppers, onions, and shiitake mushrooms.  While they cooked, I started with 3 heaping cups of organic baby greens on each plate.  Between that and breakfast I have eaten about 5 cups of greens so far today. Then I topped my greens with a few sliced tomatoes, olives and artichokes.  Then some chopped radishes and on Andy’s plate, a few green olives and pepperoncini peppers. 
For the dressing, I made a creamy Dijon vinaigrette.  In a personal blender I mixed 1/4 cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. grain mustard, 2 tsp. Dijon, 2 tsp. agave, splash of water, 3 tbsp. plain soy yogurt, 1 tbsp. flax oil and 1 tsp. olive oil.  I added 1 pinch of sea salt at the end.  I blended until smooth and creamy, but not thick.  I like a thin creamy dressing that I can drizzle on my greens. 
When the dressing was ready I added the pepper mixture over the greens, and then I drizzled the dressing, followed by my portabella on top.  YUM! 
I am going to put this recipe on my recipage.  I will total up the calories for you then.
Now, what’s for dinner?
P1030454
P1030460
My one clean space…
P1030461

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts