Plants never tasted so good.

14.12.11

Sweet & Spicy Crispy Tofu over Asian Slaw

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1030131
Now this is a healthy bowl.  I don’t know where to start.
The slaw is made up of 1 cup finely sliced spring mix, 1 large carrot julienne cut, 1 large stalk of celery thinly sliced, 2 cups shredded purple cabbage, 4 green onions sliced paper thin, and 1 cup sugar snap peas sliced thin. Talk about eating the rainbow.  Sweet red peppers would be a nice addition if they are in season.  I never find them organic if they are out of season.  I also usually adorn this mix with a load of sprouts, but, I was all out. 
Onto the marinade, I used 1/3 cup rice vinegar, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1/8 cup mirin, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. agave nectar, 1 tsp. grated ginger root, 1/2 tsp. Thai chili paste, and 1 tsp. dark toasted sesame oil.  Blend that up and you have a slightly sweet and spicy Asian vinaigrette.
While I was chopping and shredding veggies, I had a hot cast iron pan searing my tofu in coconut oil.  When both sides were crisp, I turned down the heat and added a few tbsp. of a Tequila Mango Chili Sauce.  When all the veggies were coated with dressing, I put them in bowls, topped them with tofu and garnished them with sesame seeds.   
This was our light Birthday lunch to get ready for taco night!
P1030127
P1030128
P1030129
P1030134

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts