Plants never tasted so good.

7.12.11

Little Devil

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010921
P1010914
Deviled tofu eggs:
Looks: 9.0
Taste: 9.999
Because of the rainy dark weather, these did not photograph well.  The yellow was really much more yellow than it looks here.  I tried to edit the photos, but I was just making them worse!  These were spot on deviled “eggs”.  The taste and texture were mimicked so well it was down right scary.  How can tofu be so egg like?  I don’t know, but I am happy with the results. 
I served these atop a lovely spinach salad with “bacon” and asparagus, sweet red onion, tomatoes, avocado and a sweet and spicy mustard vinaigrette.  YUM.
I will be making this again soon.  Hopefully it will be sunny outside and better pictures will be posted.  I also got a two for 1 deal making these.  My block of tofu made 8 egg halves.  All the scrapes were turned into vegan “egg” salad.  Mya will be happy when she gets that for her after school snack.
P1010916
P1010909

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts