Plants never tasted so good.

20.11.11

Two dinners…

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1010624

Dinner for Andy and I was a simple, tasty, healthy, and took no time.

I cooked Gardein Chick’n filets, over a couscous medley with dried apricots, dried cranberries, raisins, toasted hazelnuts, cooked celery, onion, carrots, and apples, along with quick blanched green beans.  All of the above were flavored with my homemade Black Balsamic Fig Vinaigrette.   I had the couscous left over, so all I did was heat that.  Greens beans were cooked in under 5 minutes, and Gardein filets only take maybe 7 minutes.

Hope you will try this fast and nutritious dish.  It tastes like something you would get a a fancy spa.

Mya wanted mac and cheese all day, so I made her a healthy version of that for her dinner.

I used 100% wheat elbow macaroni, I made a simple béchamel sauce, then I added nutritional yeast, turmeric, for color and health benefits, and a 1/4 cup of veg cheese just for extra cheesiness.  Dairy free and still tastes decadent.

 P1010627

P1010631P1010622

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts