Plants never tasted so good.

18.11.11

Portabella Burger

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1010679

Finally, I got to the grocery store!

Dad and I had an adventure at Wegman’s today.  I got to drag him around and show him all the great foods I buy there and persuade him to get some of the same.  He already eats a pretty healthy vegetarian diet, but, I am always trying to get him to taste some new veggies too.

After over a hour of watching me fill a cart top and bottom, we finally checked out and were hungry for lunch.  We went back in to get a few goodies from their buffet, I love their Kung Pao Tofu, until, I noticed their big price increase.  There is no way I am paying almost $9.00 a pound for tofu and salad.  So, I said, “we just bought some great varieties of veggie burgers , and I have all the fixin’s, plus I have homemade vegetable soup at home, let’s just go home and eat”.  So we did.  We had a veggie burger feast, some vegetable soup and my awesome coffee.  I think dad really enjoyed it.  He keeps trying to talk me into running a healthy café…not ready. 

Thought you would like to see how great these burgers turned out.  And by the way, they tasted even better than they look!

Happy Friday.

P1010678

P1010680

P1010681

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts