Plants never tasted so good.

22.10.11

Saturday Morning Breakfast

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010191
Being up at 4am to run to the bakery means I am starved by 7:30am.  On a normal day I can bypass the usual morning fare and opt for a healthy meal to start my day.  When you walk into Conshohocken Italian Bakery at 5am and are hit in the with the aroma of baking bread (on an empty stomach), you can’t help but bring some devilish goody home.  Since I am not a “sweets” person, bread or a bagel is my weakness.  I am not talking a Lenders bagels, or some grocery store bagel, I am talking fresh baked, soft, light as air, crisp and slightly doughy Conshy Bagel.  They are like no other bagel.  Some days, I cannot resist.  Today was one of those days.
When we got home, I immediately jumped out of the car to make breakfast.  The smell of the bagels in the car was almost too much.  I quickly got my tofu “egg whites” poaching, I fried some strips of vegan bacon, and got out the veg cheddar to top it with.  It all came together pretty quickly.  It was divine. Now I will have to eat a lot of veggies today to make up for the white bread.  Every once in a while, indulgence is worth it.  Just so you know, the sandwich came in at less than 400 calories, which I worked off a little this morning.  Can’t wait to have another cup of coffee and start my weekend.
Enjoy your day!!!!
P1010193
P1010194

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts