Plants never tasted so good.

11.10.11

Pasta with “Meat”balls and Tofu Ricotta

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010044
I have been nesting with Fall in full swing.  I am trying to get a million things done in not enough time.  I know, same as everyone’s story.  I wanted a hearty comfort meal that only takes a few minutes to put together.  When that’s the case, pasta is always an answer.
Believe it or not, this big pot, which will last for several meals, only took maybe 20 minutes from start to the table.  Once the water was boiling, I warmed up my favorite organic jarred sauce (no time for scratch tonight), I added a bag of semi-defrosted Trader Joe’s meatless meatballs and 2 veggie Italian sausages and let simmer until pasta was al dente.
In a food processer, I blended 1/2 lock drained tofu that was left over from breakfast, some Italian seasoning, two small cloves of garlic, 1 tsp. white miso, and sea salt.  Perfect ricotta replacement.  It is creamy and dreamy.  I added the drained pasta to the sauce, mixed well, then topped with dollops of my tofu ricotta.  Andy commented it that it was one of my best pastas.  He can’t wait for left overs tomorrow.  Me too.
P1010046

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts