Plants never tasted so good.

11.10.11

Colors and Flavors of Autumn Salad

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010033
Light, refreshing, sweet & savory, just bursting with Fall flavors.
Sometime I just love a salad for lunch.  This was a real treat.  I started with fresh tender mixed baby greens, then I added chopped apples, paper thin onions, paper thin celery, dried cranberries, toasted hazel nuts, three Gardien chik’n tenders chopped and the crown jewel of flavor, MACADAMIAN NUT BRIE.  I made the brie a few days ago and have been spreading on apples, but it is truly divine on this salad.  It is mellow and sweet with just the right amount of tart. 
I topped the salad off with a sweet and spicy vinaigrette I made from balsamic and apple cider vinegars, a little olive oil, Dijon mustard, a few drops of agave, and tablespoon of each fig butter and apple cranberry butter.  The “butters” and like a thick jam or preserves.  Heaven.   The Dijon really gives it a kick.  Perfect balance.
I am happy and satisfied, now, what to make for dinner?????
P1010032
P1010035

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts