Plants never tasted so good.

15.7.11

Grilled Veggie Dinner

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1000610

20 minutes to a perfect summer dinner.  Zucchini, Yellow Tomatoes, and Basil are from my garden.   Less time than you could pick up a pizza.

First, I preheated the grill.

Then, I sliced the zucchini in rounds, tossed them with a marinade of 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. lemon juice, some sea salt and pepper.  Set aside. 

Next, I made a balsamic and olive oil marinade for the portabellas and mixed in a good teaspoon of dried Italian herbs. I dipped each mushroom cap into the marinade being sure to get both sides, then set aside.

For the asparagus, I snapped off the ends, placed them on a plate, drizzled a tiny bit (1/2 teaspoon) of olive oil, massaged it into all of them so the all had just a bit coating them, then sprinkled sea salt, and lemon pepper over them.  Set aside.

Ready to grill…

P1000603

I placed them on flat vegetable grill baskets so the could cook without falling through.

Depending on how hot your grill is, about 5 minutes on each side, all veggies. 

I microwaved Birdseye Steam Fresh Brown Rice with Spinach and Tomatoes.

Grabbed my tomatoes and basil from the garden, then sliced, seasoned and plated.

I served the asparagus with a drizzle of lemon cashew cream that I blended up earlier.

Fresh summer flavor from my home to yours…

P1000607

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts