Plants never tasted so good.

26.2.13

What I Ate Wednesday #54

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

wiaw 54 col

Hi and welcome to WIAW #54!

Rush, rush, rush…no matter how early I get up, still never enough time in day!  I have been starting my day with some lemon water after my coffee, I find that I drink much more during and after my workout when I add FRESH lemon to it. I just keep refilling all day long. Luckily Trader Joe’s has reasonably priced organic lemons.  I don’t want pesticides floating around in my water all day!

P1090853

 

P1090854 P1090855

After 45 minutes of cardio, followed by 30 minutes of strength training, I was starved.  Instead of my normal avocado toast, I found a new favorite, I call it “avocado toast upgraded”. Here’s a clue.

TOFU

P1090856

+

Avocado Toast on sprouted protein bread

P1090882

+

Kale & Mushrooms =

HEAVEN

P1090862

This is my new favorite breakfast combination! Adding a little tofu “egg” to my avocado toast keeps me full so much longer. After my workout, this is exactly what I need.  After breakfast, I take a pile of vitamins followed my a cup java, no better way for me start my workday.

ENERGIZED!

After breakfast, I packed Mya’s lunch and off to school she went. I miss her already!

P1090868

On Sunday, I made a nice big pot of a veggie minestrone soup.  Lentils, beans, peas, corn, carrots, celery, onion, sweet potato, russet potatoes, and tomatoes with a little mini pasta thrown in at the end. It was so thick and rich, delicious and totally filling. It was a perfect lunch on the go, heat and eat.  I had to keep away from the thick slab of deli rye that was dying to be dunked into the vegetable bliss.  I indulged the bread by making  Andy a grilled Dayia cheese to dip and vicariously eat through him, the same way I do cookies or soy creamery ice cream!

P1090878

P1090870

See all the pretty veggies…

P1090881

Why does his sandwich have to look so melt-y good. God bless Dayia for giving vegans unbelievable tasting, melting cheese!

P1090872

All afternoon I prepared for taxes and took breaks to work on a speech I am writing on healthy eating.  After being up to my eyeballs in paperwork all day,  I felt the need for a colorful dinner.  I raided the vegetable drawer to find what I could to put together to try out my new dressing.

Asian Slaw/Salad sounded like a perfect fit!  I had lots I could put in it and even some baked teriyaki tofu that could be some protein on top.

wiaw54 asian slaw

The salad came together beautifully.

P1090897

The base was one bag of broccoli slaw, chopped sweet peppers, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, cucumber, red cabbage, spring mix, green onions, mandarin oranges, sesame sunflower salad topping, and finally my new spicy peanut vinaigrette. I liked the vinaigrette but, it was a little too sweet for me, and not quite spicy enough. But I would still give it 4.5 stars. It was so crunchy, I only wish I had some pea sprouts to go on top, but the tofu was a great protein option.

P1090898

P1090900

P1090901

Two bowls later, I was so full, no dessert necessary.

P1090902

I finished my night with half a pink grapefruit as an 8pm snack.

I was ready to dive into my next vampire tale on my kindle app before finally getting to bed by 10:00pm.  On another note, my vampire reading while on the elliptical is working great, I am walking 45 minutes in the morning and 30 to 45 minutes in the late afternoon, everyday except Sundays.  I can’t believe how fast it goes by, I have finished about 11 books so far. Thank goodness so many books are free or $2.99 on the kindle app with amazon prime, or I would be way over book budget! Winking smile

I hope you all enjoy another Wednesday.  It’s going to be 55 degrees here outside of Philly today.  I don’t think there will be much snowboarding tonight, but Mya is hoping. She is doing so well, I can’t get enough of watching her, wishing I could have learned when I was younger. She has all the talent, balance and fearlessness I never had. Just like her daddy.

P1090844

P1090841

P1090849

Thank for stopping by!

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

2 comments:

  1. I adore all the colors in your salads! Have a great Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Asian Slaw looks delicious! Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts