Plants never tasted so good.

8.6.12

TGIF Ten Minute Very Veggie Lunch

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

veg lunch

Veggies, veggies, everywhere.  I just adore this time of year.  Fresh asparagus, squash beginning to bloom and tons of aromatic tender basil taking over the garden.

This is my ideal vegan lunch.  I could eat this everyday, frankly, I am not sure why I don’t.  Considering it only took me 10 minutes to make this flavorful lunch, I should have it way more often.  I was fully stocked after a quick trip to the store to stock up on some fruit and snacks for Mya, now that she will be home more.  It was really hard this morning, realizing that I had just pack my last third grade lunch.  As I preformed the same task I do every morning, I was totally overwhelmed with sadness and excitement all at once.  I am so happy she will be home for the next few months, but sad my baby will be entering fourth grade in the Fall. Smile Sad smile

TGIF Ten Minute Very Veggie Lunch:

I cooked 1 bag of brown rice in the microwave for five minutes, although, ideally, I would use stove cooked leftover rice over microwave, but no leftovers today.  While that cooked I had my favorite double burner pan pre-heated with 1 tbsp. coconut oil.  To the pan I added 2 huge portabellas sliced into 1/4”-1/2” thick pieces .  On the other end of my pan I added 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, then beside that went one whole green zucchini sliced into 5 pieces length wise.  As the mushrooms shrunk. I added one small yellow squash sliced length wise also.  I seasoned with a few drops of Braggs Liquid Aminos and some black pepper.  I added a few shakes of Mrs. Dash Garlic blend to my asparagus.   I removed the asparagus as soon as it was slightly cooked but still crisp, about 5 minutes. 

While the veggies were cooking on the stove, I cut up grape tomatoes and 1/4 of a red onion thinly sliced and placed them in a bowl.  I seasoned them with two cranks of sea salt, black pepper and 1 tsp. olive oil.  These were gently tossed together before I added 4 big tender Basil leaves from my garden that I sliced into thin ribbons.

P1050746

When the rice was done, it was seasoned with 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast, 1 tsp. Earth Balance Butter spread and a crank of sea salt and pepper.

I spread on rice on each plate and layered the hot vegetables all around,  I put the tomato mixture on top.  It was a divine lunch.  We ate every bite.  I only wish I had added some cooked kale to this dish, I definitely will next time.

My plate was a half cup of rice and 1/2 of the veggies, so here are the stats for my serving,

STATS:   287 calories, 10g fat, 11g protein, 8g fiber.

P1050752

P1050751

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Enjoy this weather.

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and fresh! I've seen the Braggs Liquid Aminos before but never knew what that was. What does it taste like and what do you usually use it with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val, I use Braggs in place of salt, it tastes like a rich soy sauce, but you only need a little bit to give a lot of flavor. I recommend it to all my clients. It is perfect on mushrooms, onion, asparagus, it gives a more caramelized flavor.

      Delete

Popular Posts