Plants never tasted so good.

7.6.12

Open Faced Breakfast

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

tofu egg polo

What a treat.  I was really hungry after 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning, so I wanted a protein rich breakfast that would sustain me through my mid morning weight training workout and keep me full until lunch.

This breakfast met all my expectations and more.  It was a perfect balance of flavors and packed with all the protein I needed.  tofu egg upclose

I made my tofu “egg” by poaching my sliced tofu in simmering salted water about 10 minutes.  This gives it a perfect egg-like consistency.  In my double burner skillet, I cooked one link of Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage.  I sliced it into thin pieces and cooked it about 4 minutes on each side until the edges were crisp.  On the other part of the pan, I cooked sliced mushrooms in a few drops of coconut oil and a drizzle of Braggs liquid aminos.  When the mushrooms were cooked, I moved them aside and lightly sautéed some shredded Kale that De gave me again (thanks De). Once the tofu eggs were perfectly “eggy”, I transferred them to the pan with a tsp. of Earth Balance, seasoned them with turmeric, nutritional yeast and black pepper.  I cooked them for one minute before flipping.  Then I added a little Daiya Jack “cheese”.  I served this combo open faced on whole wheat English muffins.

The stats: Two Open Faced Muffins 405 calories, , 28g protein, 16g fat and 8g fiber!

one tofu egg

two

three tofu egg

single open faced tofu

Have a great day!

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

1 comment:

  1. That looks so delicious I'm drooling. I had toast and peanut butter this morning. Not so exciting. I will definitely be making this one day!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts