Now this is a protein packed lunch! Beans, tofu, and tons of veggies mixed with crisp romaine and some sweet and spicy blush vinaigrette.
This lunch was ready in about five minutes and it tasted as if I spent all morning preparing it. It was like eating a protein packed rainbow.
This made 4 large servings:
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped small
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 15 sugar snap peas, sliced
- 4 baby mini sweet mixed bell peppers, sliced
- 4 oz tofu, drained and cubed small
- 4 radishes, chopped small
- 1 small head romaine chopped in bite size pieces
- 6 tbsp. of light vinaigrette (I used light blush)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine tofu and beans with half of your dressing, stir and set aside while cutting up the rest of your veggies. Add remaining vegetables and dressing to the bowl. Crank a hint of sea salt and pepper, stir again and serve with a smile. This lovely lunch is nutrient packed, just check out the stats.
Stats per bowl: 195 calories, 3g fat, 10g protein, and 7g fiber! I ate 1.5 bowls!