Plants never tasted so good.

3.2.12

No Syrup Required

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1030952

Can I just say, I was dreaming up these  Light Lemon and Blueberry Protein Pancakes for days, and the dream became a reality.  These were nothing short of pure heaven.  I also made an outstanding topper instead of syrup. I call it lemon cheesecake cream topping.  These pancakes were slightly higher in calories and sugar that I normally have for protein pancakes, but I am willing to put in the extra few minutes on the treadmill to indulge in these today.

Why were these so special? The flavor, pure and simple.  It was like having dessert for breakfast. They remind me of lemon cheese Danishes.

Light Lemon and Blueberry Protein Pancakes

  • 1/2 cup multigrain pancake flour
  • 1/2 cup sweet soy vanilla protein powder
  • pinch of baking soda
  • pinch of baking powder
  • 1/2 cup high protein high fiber PLAIN soy yogurt
  • Juice of two lemons (about 4 tbsp)
  • Zest of one lemon
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Pre heat griddle.  Spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Mix all ingredients together, except blueberries. Stir until well blended. Once griddle is hot and sprayed, dollop 1/3 to 1/2 cup scoops of batter onto surface, this made me 8 nice size cakes.  Spread around into circle because batter is thick, now add a few blueberries to each dollop.  Adding the berries now will keep you cakes from turning blue. Turn heat to medium.  Once the tops begin to bubble, flip. Note; I always spray the area again when I flip, just to make sure they stay together without sticking.  Cook until they are no longer “gooey”.  These will remain slightly soft because of the yogurt.  Now for the topping…

Lemon Cheesecake Cream Topping

  • 2 tbsp. non-dairy sour cream
  • 1 tsp. agave
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 3/4 scoop vanilla soy protein powder

Whip all ingredients together with a whisk until smooth , thick, and creamy.  Add a scoop onto each stack.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like a fancy look!

I ate three of these protein cakes, and one scoop of topping.  The nutritional stats for my serving was: 293 calories, 7 grams of fat, 18 g. of protein, 4 gram fiber and 18 grams sugar.  Like I said, this was a treat. I would not usually have that much sugar, but a little indulgence  once in a while is okay.  Now, I have to go workout and drink a ton of water to get rid of that awesome breakfast. Looks like a light soup or salad for lunch.

P1030951

I LOVE LEMON!!!!!!

P1030950

2 comments:

  1. Those look really great! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am still dreaming of making them again. This recipe is a keeper!

      Delete

Popular Posts