Plants never tasted so good.

23.1.12

A New Love…

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1030839

Frozen fudgy goodness.  This recipe was adapted from Stuft Mama’s 3 ingredient fudge.  I made the 3 ingredient fudge, which was really good. The recipe was 1/2 banana frozen, 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder and 2 tbsp. peanut butter all blended together and then frozen.  So easy, so good, then I thought, wow, I could take this from really good to over the top.  And I did.  My version tastes like a Chunky Bar…remember those?

Okay, so here goes:

  • 1.5 bananas (frozen, thawed or fresh)
  • 6 tbsp. Unsweetened Unsalted Almond Butter
  • 4 tbsp. Raw Cacao Powder
  • 1 scoop (about 2tbsp) chocolate soy protein powder
  • 1/4 chopped raw almonds
  • 1/4 raisins
  • 2 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes

My Method:

Place banana, almond butter, cacao, and protein into blender or small food processor.  Blend until smooth.  Stir in, by hand, chopped almonds, raisins, chia seeds and dried coconut.  I used silicone regular sizeheart muffin cups, you can line cupcake pans with paper, or used anything you know you can pop out of the freezer into a whole piece.  The silicone work great!!!!!  Fill them 1/3 full, and place cups on a tray or baking sheet.  Once they are all filled, pop them into the freezer fpr a few hours until they are firm.  When they are firm you can take them out and put them into a freezer bag.  I kept mine in the silicone, but it is not necessary. 

These are big, fudgy, decadent tasting treats that are truly sinfully nutritious.  I will warn you, you must eat them frozen, they melt quick.  These could be made into fudge pops too.  The possibilities are endless.  I am going to try making mini bites in silicone ice cube trays or candy molds next time for tiny treat.  I eat one of these through out the day.  I bite after each meal!  These are a perfect treat and are healthy candy alternative that are even packed with superfoods!  I really hope you give these a try.  Let me know how you like them!

  P1030838

 

P1030840

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts