Plants never tasted so good.

19.1.12

“Caramel Butter” After School Snack

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

P1030828

P1030824

This is my special “Bet You Thought It Was Caramel” Butter Recipe.  It is pure heaven.  It really tastes like caramel.  If you like your apples dipped in a nut or seed butter, this brings it to a whole new dessert like level.  Everyone I serve this too goes crazy over it.  If you decide to try anyone of my recipes, try this one.  It is perfect and detectable every time. I give this to Mya as an afterschool snack, sometimes in her lunch, and I always put it out for guests along with my appetizers, even though it taste more like dessert.  The recipe below makes a bowl you can serve with up to 3 apples.  If I am just using one, I cut it back to 1/3 of this recipe.

“Bet You Thought It Was Caramel” Butter

  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (almond, sunflower, or  any nut or seed butter )
  • 1 tbsp. agave nectar (helps it caramelize)
  • 1/8 cup almond milk (any non-dairy milk of you choice)
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp. almond milk, reserved

Although I am not a big microwave fan, this method makes it perfect.  I never tried it any other way.

In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter, agave, 1/8 almond milk and cinnamon.  No need to mix, just put the ingredients in a bowl and then place them in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Remove from microwave and stir vigorously.  It will begin to change consistency and look caramelized, when that happens, add the additional 2 tbsp. almond milk, and stir again, now it gets creamy and caramelized.    If it is too thick because your microwave cooks hotter, add a little more almond milk.  Now taste.  HEAVEN.

Serve with apples, carrots, celery, or anything else you can dip in caramel.  We have even made this and put on ice cream and poured it over our plain morning oatmeal.  Give it a try, I promise you will love it.  If you do make this, please let me know by writing a comment. 

Also on the side bar, there is a non-dairy milk poll.  Be sure to vote for your favorite.

P1030827

 

P1030829

P1030833

P1030831

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is adorable/beautiful all at the same time! =) a perfect model for your snack! hehe

    Love the idea of caramel butter as an alternative to caramel dip - i'm certain i'd like this 10000x better!!!

    I noticed you were linking up recipes to WIAW -- did you want to join the party? Here's a little more info about it! (http://www.peasandcrayons.com/p/wiaw.html) and i'm here if you have any random questions! You can pretty much put whatever spin on it you'd like -- a lot of moms do what WE ate wednesday posts or alternate between their own and a kiddo version, or even add in a theme. Recipes are great too as long as they're along with a wiaw post instead of just a recipe alone -- a lot of the stuff we don't normally post and photograph is just as relate-able/inspiring as the stuff we do! ok annnnd now i'm rambling! love ya Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I was wondering why my post kept disappearing. I went to the page you listed, still not exactly sure what I have to do, but I absolutely want to be a part of the fun. I tried a few recipes from peoples posts yesterday and they were AWESOME! What a great feature you have put out there. I hope I can figure it out so I can be apart of your WIAW!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts