Plants never tasted so good.

7.11.11

Swapping My Mid-Morning Coffee for Green Energy

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1010492

I love my coffee.  I really love my coffee.  I spoil myself with Coffee People’s Organic K-cups, they are so perfect that it has ruined me for most other coffees.  I can’t drink Dunkin Donuts, WaWa, most restaurants, and even my beloved old friend Starbucks got pushed away once I found my coffee “mate”! 

Alas, our relationship has to come to an end.  As devastating of a thought it is for me, I had no choice in the matter.  The Coffee People are no longer going to make this roast.   If you are not a coffee junkie, you may not relate.  I did not know, even as much of a health nut I am, how much I was addicted to my 2-3 cups a day.  I always find a away to use the antioxidants to justify my habit, but I know I should quit.  I love everything about coffee.  I smell, the flavor, the tradition of sharing it every morning with the one’s you love.  Going to bed each night I look forward to waking up to my favorite cup to brighten my day.  It is both a physical and psychological addiction, I guess even emotional.  That is why, due to the fact that my favorite brew is being taken away, I am going to cut back and eventually quit coffee.  I knew once the panic of hearing the news made me so worried about how I was going to replace my brew, that I definitely had a problem.   Hence the Green Energy Shake. 

Today, I am replacing my usual mid morning coffee with a green option.  A healthy, raw, chock full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and flavor.  This will surely keep me going until lunch.

My Shake: Serves Two

  • 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • 2 large carrots
  • 1 whole orange
  • 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
  • 3 cups baby spinach
  • 1 scoop vanilla soy protein powder
  • 1 scoop Cherry Spiru-tein powder
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 3 large ice cubes

Layer ingredients, putting milk and ice at the bottom, then carrots, frozen fruit, banana, oranges, spinach, protein and seeds.  Start your blender on low increasing speed.  Blend until smooth, then share with someone you love.

This is sweet and tastes nothing like it looks, I promise.  So if your coffee is making you blue, try the new green, it will help energize you and make you feel good.

 

P1010488

P1010489

P1010490

P1010493P1010491

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts