Plants never tasted so good.

25.9.11

Fall Feast

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1000934

What says Fall and Football better then Pumpkin Pie?  And that was just dessert.

I was inspired by squash and my Autumn obsession, pumpkin in everything.  Oatmeal, soup, stew, bread. and pie of course.  I love cooking and eating this time of year.

In preparation for the Autumn cooking class I am going to teach, I thought I should make some of the test recipes.

Mya was well occupied outside on the deck painting a boat load of mini pumpkins we bought.  She did a beautiful job. 

I decided on a menu of:

Appetizer: Sweet and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas

Main Course: Gardien Chick’n Breast in a black balsamic fig reduction, with a side dish of sweet delicata squash roasted and stuffed with mixed grain rice.

Dessert: Healthier Pumpkin Pie

Heavenly.  Just what we all needed.  Mya ate the whole squash including the skin.  It melted in your mouth.  The fig reduction was the perfect match of flavors.  I cannot wait to make these dishes and more in my upcoming Autumn Harvest class.

I wish you all had taste-o-vision.

P1000926

Mya likes her squash empty and rice and chick’n on the side:

P1000920

P1000927

P1000939

Can you smell the cinnamon and pumpkin.  Slice of heaven, I am getting hungry all over again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts