Plants never tasted so good.

2.8.11

Mediterranean Salad & Dessert

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1000669

Last night’s salad was bursting with garden flavor.  Sweet tender baby greens, spicy sweet red onion in thin ribbons, sugar sweet gypsy peppers from my garden, mild cucumbers from my garden, fresh crunchy sprouts, tangy olives and artichokes, mild still warm off the vine tomatoes, and perfect chunks of “tofu feta”.  All these great flavors were bound together by and thin drizzle of tahini lemon dressing.  AWESOME.

And still room for DESSERT…

RAW BROWNIES!!!!!   YES, I SAID RAW BROWNIES.

Most of you know I have been experimenting with lots of raw foods.  I halved the recipe from the un-cookbook, “Going Raw”.  I like thin brownies, the recipe was twice as thick.  Here is a picture of my half-size version.  The picture does it no justice. 

P1000675

These were the most moist decadent brownies I ever ate.  I will never attempt a  cooked brownie again….and did I mention,,,NO SUGAR.  Yeah, sweetened with a few dates and raisins.  Oh, did I mention, NO FLOUR.  These are gluten free.  Just walnuts, dates, raisins, and raw cacao. The frosting is a little bit of coconut oil, a few drops of agave and raw cacao.  This will satisfy EVERY CHOCOLATE CRAVING. Super delicious and nutritious.  I hope you try these.

 

This is the picture from the book, it show the double thickness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts