Plants never tasted so good.

9.3.11

Healthy Salad served with Tempeh Bacon

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

DSC03085

This was a “Eat to Live” inspired salad.  It contains lots of Calcium from the sesame seeds, folate in the huge base of Spinach leaves, beta-carotene in the carrots, and with many other great nutrients and antioxidants in the red cabbage, red onion, radishes pea shoots and sugar snap peas.

We had is with a miso-ginger dressing and I topped it with 5-grain tempeh bacon.

The tempeh bacon was a flavor star. Slightly salty, sweet and smoky.  I first sliced it thin and then cooked in a really hot pre-heat pan with a drizzle of olive oil.  Once is stared to brown, I brushed on my marinade and cooked it until caramelized, then I flipped it and cooked the other side till caramelized.  I topped the salad while it was hot.  It was sooo good!

DSC03086

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts