Plants never tasted so good.

18.7.12

What I Ate Wednesday #23

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

It was a super busy Tuesday with unplanned meals.  I had to rely on what was in the fridge, which was getting scarce, even though it looks far from bare.

At breakfast, I was craving one of my tofu scrambles.  I had a tub of tofu, one Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage, some frozen hot peppers, fresh Vidalia onion, two large portabellas, and just about the last of my Dayia Jalapeno Garlic “cheese”. It all came together in a wonderful, super tasty scramble. To top off this super breakfast. I chopped up some fresh tomatoes, onions, and some basil from my garden.  It balanced out the hot breakfast perfectly.

portabella tofu scramble

 closer scramble

P1060540

After this filling protein and carb packed breakfast, it was off to tennis camp.

tennis camp

We came home starved and had little time to prepare before our next venture out. 

Lunch was grilled Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins, topped with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, chopped tomatoes, onions and basil. This was a delicious alternative to chips as a base. Only one hundred calories for two rounds.

hummus rounds

P1060551

Then it was time for a Jeep Ride for Mya and Prince.

P1060450

jeep driving

I found a few extra rolls from the bakery today.  I checked the freezer, and I had a whole box of vegan breaded eggplant.  I also had a half a jar of spicy tomato sauce leftover from the Sunday’s lasagna.  They were all begging to be made into Eggplant Parm Sandwiches. Wish granted!

egg parm

eggplant parm

Me and Mya shared this awesome sandwich with some baked chips on the side.  Soooooo full!

It is going to be another hazy, hot, humid, hundred degree day here in S.E. Pennsylvania.  We will be trying to stay cool, maybe even catch an afternoon flick in the AC, or even the first two episodes of WEEDS we need to catch up on, yay!

Have a happy Wednesday!

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

 

4 comments:

  1. Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage - need to find me some of that. Yum! And the eggplant parm sandwiches... seriously hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That eggplant sandwich looks so yummy! Mya looks adorable in her tennis gear.

    My husband and I watched Weeds last night. We are still on season 4. We came to it late, but it's great because now we have something to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joann! That's funny, we started watching it 3 months ago from the beginning, we just caught up this week. I love it, so relaxing to watch!

      Delete
  3. whoaa that egg parm sandwich looks to die for! So fat and juicy lookin' :D And I used to want those lil jeeps so bad when I was a kid! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts