Plants never tasted so good.

16.3.12

What cha’ Grillin’?

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

P1040547

Foil packs stuffed with loads of vegetables and a few chunks of Gardein Beefless Tips.

I had no time to make my favorite kabobs, so instead, I took the ingredients that I would normally skewer, and turned them into foil packs for a really quick, no hands on, dinner.

Andy pre-heated the grill for about ten minutes before I started my packs, while I got some brown rice medley started on the stove. For the packs, I spread three sheets of foil, one for each of us, out on the counter.  In the center of each sheet, I placed a few chunks of zucchini, sliced sweet onion and red peppers, some frozen corn, small wedges of par cooked potato, quartered mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. In a bowl, I tossed my frozen Gardein Beefless Tips with a tbsp. of steak sauce, then added them to the packet.

Foil Packet pre grill

Then, I folded each one and sealed all the veggies in good and tight and placed them on the grill for 10 minutes before flipping them over for an additional 10 minutes. 

foil packs on the grill

I removed them from the grill and let them rest while I finished preparing my rice.   

P1040542

P1040545

I made a plate for each of us with a little rice on the bottom and then a huge mound of their foil pack veggies on top.

Plate it up

P1040552

Give this simple grill dish a try, and you will be left with clean plates also!

P1040553

Have a wonderful Friday!

 

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts