Plants never tasted so good.

13.2.12

Happy Valentine’s Day Protein Shake

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1040077

This is my post workout pre-Valentine’s Day protein shake.  Andy and I both did an extra hard afternoon workout and we needed a boost.  This was a simple shake that tasted great, especially with the fresh organic strawberries mixed in.  I was lucky enough to find the perfect organic strawberries on sale at Wegman’s today.  I am hoping to make some chocolate covered strawberries and bananas tomorrow.  To my surprise, as guilty as I feel because they are pre-season strawberries, they were outrageously ripe and delicious.  They tasted like just picked in June berries.

My Valentine Shake is a a mixture of vanilla, cherry, strawberry and banana.  With some chia seeds and psyllium husk for extra benefits.  Below is the recipe I used.

Happy Valentine’s Day Protein Shake

  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 4 ice cups
  • 1/2 small banana
  • 1/2 scoop Sun Warrior Vanilla Raw Protein
  • 1/2 scoop Spirutein Cherries Jubilee Protein
  • 2 tsp. chia seeds
  • 2 tsp. psyllium husk
  • 2 strawberries

In a blender, combine all ingredients except strawberries.  Blend until thick and creamy and until no chunks are left.  Chop up one strawberry into small pieces, then add it to the shake. Garnish with the other berry, saving it until the end of the shake to eat…YUM.

Stats: 210 calories, 18 grams protein, 6 grams of fat, 9 grams of fiber

Have a berry good day!

 P1040075

P1040078

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts