Plants never tasted so good.

7.1.12

Whole Wheat Blueberry Protein Pancakes

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

P1030585

It is a lovey Saturday morning when you wake up to having whole wheat blueberry protein pancakes and hot coffee.  Sometimes, when I go to bed at night, I get so excited about waking up the next morning to have my coffee. I just look so forward to that first sip.  Ahh. Always perfect. 

Since we have had such limited breads this week, I thought a wheat protein pancake would be a good weekend treat.  I used a whole wheat mix and then added water, a few tablespoons of ground flaxseeds, two scoops vanilla soy protein and some frozen organic wild blueberries.  I preheated the griddle so it was nice and hot, and then I brushed on 2 tsp. of coconut oil.  That makes for nice crisp edges. I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour my batter on.  Once it was on the griddle, I added the blueberries.  If you add them to the whole batter, they make the pancakes turn blue, so I just sprinkle them on the actual pancake once I pour it onto the griddle.   Instead of syrup, I pour 1/2 cup blueberries into a small sauce pan along with 3 tbsp. of agave nectar.  I let it warm until it begins to simmer.  Once the pancakes are golden on both sides, I top them with my syrup.  In minutes the whole batch is gone.

P1030582

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts