Plants never tasted so good.

25.4.12

What I Ate Wednesday #11

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

Wow, here we are and another week passed. It was a pretty crazy day, not much time for cooking, but I made it work.

Breakfast: “Tofu Florentine” with Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage and spicy garlic jalapeno Dayia cheese on a toasted English muffin.

Stats: 325 calories, 12g fat, 23g protein, 6g fiber, 9%dv calcium, 22%dv iron.

P1050208

up close tofu egg

P1050211

Mya’s day off started with playing Lala Loospy’s in a box!  I wish I was nine again. 

P1050213

P1050216

While I cleaned up from breakfast, I thought I should whip up some of my new favorite dessert/protein bites “black bean brownies”.

black bean brownies

Check out these ingredients…1/4c Raw cacao, can of black beans, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tbs. instant coffee, 1/4 c. walnuts, 1/3 c. coconut oil, pinch baking powder, tsp. cinnamon, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1/4 banana and 1oz tofu as an egg replacer.

Did I mention these are flour free! They make a healthy alternative to regular brownies.  They are totally addictive.

P1050217

I placed all my ingredients, except chips and walnuts, into the food processor and blended until smooth.P1050218

I poured that mixture into a lined 8”x8” glass pan and baked at 350 for 40 minutes. They come out soft.  Lift the parchment out of the dish and onto a cooling rack.  Let cool and then refrigerate.  The coconut oil will firm them up in the fridge, but they will still be perfectly gooey and chewy.

P1050219

P1050220

Once cool, cut into 16 squares. These are perfect as a snack or dessert.

P1050230

Stats per brownie. 117 calories, 6g fat, 2 g protein, 2g fiber, 8g sugar.

P1050228

We were out so long today, I did not eat anything from breakfast at 7:30am until 2:30pm. Starving!!!! I never miss meals.

I came home and we all wanted to eat quickly.  So I got some water boiling, heated up some sauce with a bag of Trader Joe’s vegan meatballs. I added TJ’s corn pasta and 11 minutes later, dinner. I love that the corn pasta is gluten free, it has such a great texture.

P1050231

My bowl was one serving pasta, 4 meatless meatballs and 4oz. sauce.  The stats for my bowl: 365 calories, 7g. fat, 16g protein, 6g fiber.

P1050232

P1050236

Lastly, a 1/2 bowl of cereal around 6:30 was needed to keep me going.  It was a perfect mix of  a few cereals and some almond milk.

cereal snack

The busy day came to an end with several cups of decaf herbal tea. Sadly, my day of normally colorful veggies was severely lacking in that area.  I can feel the difference.  I am making a huge salad today.

Hope you have a great Wednesday!

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

 

10 comments:

  1. Wow. The pasta looks great but those brownies look absolutely fantastic and I cannot believe the calorie count! I'm scared to try black bean brownies honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of black beans. But yours look absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec! I made a recipe last year and it was terribly disappointing dry brownies. This recipe is really decadent and delicious. It only lasts a day in my house.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, everything you made looks fantastic! And whatever "spicy garlic jalapeno Dayia cheese" is, it sounds like I need to get my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome vegan cheese that is AMAZING. It melts and makes anything have a mildly spicy flavor, best part, you only need a tiny bit to get a ton of flavor. I am obsessed with it!

      Delete
  3. Your food looks awesome as usual. I can't wait to try the brownies. I love the pictures of your little girl in the box. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! The brownies are so good. The batch before this I added an tbsp. of Hershey's Special Dark cocoa podwer and it was dark chocolate heaven.

      Mya is a box girl. I often have to sneak them out of the house before she gets home from school! It constantly looks like we are moving. :)

      Delete
    2. My little one is a purse girl! She likes to stuff them with many random items and then leave them lying around the house!

      Delete
    3. My house is a trail of Mya and her toys. If there is a clear space...it is a new LaLa loopsy

      Delete
  4. Happy WIAW! Your Tofu Florentine looks yummy. I will have to try your Black Bean Brownie recipe. It is so inspiring see new ideas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love sharing recipes that get me excited.

      Delete

Popular Posts