Plants never tasted so good.

14.11.12

What I Ate Wednesday #39

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

wiaw 39

Welcome to What I ate Wednesday #39! Thanks for stopping by!

Today is not just WIAW, it is also my 38th (I can’t believe it) Birthday! All my meals from WIAW are Tuesday, so today I will probably celebrate by getting some take out from Wegman’s. I am happy to be spending the day with Andy and Mya (once she arrives home), although, my big plans are for celebrating next week by going to see Twilight. Cheesy, I know, but I am crazy for vampire love stories! Vampire Diaries is my favorite show.

Today, I made a variety of great meals that were vegan yet low soy.  If you read my last post, you may already know that I am reducing soy in my diet as an experiment.  I read that too much soy can make it hard to get really lean when working out.  I was curious to see if there was any truth to it.  So far, it has been a week, and the results have been weight loss of two and half pounds.  I had no other changes to my diet or exercise program.  I am continuing the experiment to see if it’s working or just a coincidence.

After cardio and weight training, breakfast was fried potatoes, peppers, onions, and a little field roast sausage. Mya just loves fried potatoes, nice and crispy with a small dollop of ketchup on the side.

P1080281

P1080279

I am so excited to share lunch.  Guess what these ingredients make?

P1080292

 

Vegan Seafood Salad!  It has become my latest obsession.

vegan seafood salad

Hearts of Palm make a wonderful stand in for crab.  It has the same look and texture.  Check it out. Here is how I made this delicious salad:

P1080293 P1080296

P1080304

Shred hearts of palm with fork.

P1080307

Add your favorite seafood seasoning to some reduced fat vegan mayo. I used Old Bay, salt free crab seasoning, sea salt, dill, lemon juice, a little Dijon, and cracked black pepper.  Stir to blend.

P1080313

Add minced onion, celery, and red pepper.

P1080314

Fold in the mayo mixture till all is well coated.

P1080318

P1080326

I served mine on rye bread, with mashed avocado “butter”, and sliced tomatoes.

P1080332

P1080333

P1080350

This is totally to die for. I am going to make this as an appetizer for the holidays on mini rye breads.

P1080334

After lunch I decided to make some birthday chocolate for myself.  I loaded it with shredded coconut, chopped almonds, and goji berries.  I poured the mixture into silicone mini muffin molds. Popped it in the freezer for a few minutes to harden. YUM!

wiaw choc

 P1080373

Decadent dark chocolate made from raw cacao, what could be better?

Since it was getting difficult to find the counter after all the previous meals, I kept dinner quite simple.  We had leftover tomato pie from our bakery that I heated and topped with sautéed spinach, olives and some Daiya cheese.

P1080363

Simple and delicious.  But, I have to admit, I really wanted more “seafood” salad.  I need to get more hearts of palm!  I think I am an addict! Smile

I hope you all enjoyed your meals today as much as I did.  Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Wednesday!

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

16 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious...what great ideas! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you made your own chocolate. :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore homemade chocolate,no hydrogenated oil or corn syrup!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to you too! November 14 is a great day! Love that you made your own chocolate - looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday girl! All your food looks delicious! My little "Taste Tester" also loooooves potatoes-I used to fry them but now I prefer to bake them on parchment paper with a little evoo and herbamare. Add some sweet potatoes to the mix too, sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do bake them sometimes, when I say fry, it is in cast iron with a tbsp. of coconut oil. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  5. Vegan seafood salad? Such a great idea:) Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW WOW! I am LOVING the look of that salad! I'm definitely going to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMMMMM....LOVE avocado and hearts of palm! Looks delicious! :)
    ~Stephanie
    www.neverthesamespicetwice.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am DEFINITELY going to try that seafood salad! I am craving some. When I was a kid, my cousin use to make veggie "seafood" salad using veggie scallops by Worthington foods. Never thought of using hearts of palm, but those pics look like the real thing. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made the seafood salad with homemade mayonnaise and it. was. DELICIOUS. Thank you so much for this recipe!!! Definitely doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very shоrtly this ωеb pagе wіll bе famous among аll blοg peoρlе, due to it's fastidious posts

    Feel free to surf to my blog ... may anh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm!! The chocolates & sandwich are look super yummy...abs diet for vegetarian

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts