Plants never tasted so good.

3.11.11

Lemon Coconut Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1010427

Have a stack…

These were so light, lemony and delicious.  They reminded me of my Grandmother’s Lemon Ricotta Cakes or corn toaster cakes. 

I used a basic recipe that started with 1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, which I cut by 1/4 cup and used coconut flour instead.  Coconut flour is dense and rich in fiber and protein.  It has a hint of coconut scent to it.  I used 1/4 cup cornmeal, 1 huge Meyer lemon zest and juice, 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 2 cups unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup soy yogurt.  I blended it all together then added 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries.  I also used coconut oil on the griddle.

These take a few minutes longer to cook than regular pancakes.  Same rules apply: cook on medium heat, flip when bubbles form all over.  I also made a blueberry syrup from 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 2 tbsp. agave and 2 tbsp. of blueberry preserves.  I warmed the mixture up until blueberries thawed and it was thick and syrupy.

This made a TON of cakes.  I cooked them all and then wrapped and refrigerated the leftovers for an afternoon snack or tomorrow.  These can be heated back up in the microwave, toaster, or toaster oven.

P1010417

P1010419

P1010422

P1010426

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts