Plants never tasted so good.

30.11.11

Dairy Free Mac & Cheese

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010627
Rich, creamy, and dairy free.  This is one of Mya’s favorites.  You would think this decadent dish would be fat laden, but no, it is quite the opposite. 
I used an organic whole wheat elbow macaroni.  It is a much better alternative to the traditional white pasta.  I cook the macaroni while making the béchamel sauce. 
My simple béchamel sauce is made of almond milk, blending equal parts  buttery spread and flour to a smooth consistency.  Once the sauce thickens I add some nutritional yeast, which lends a salty cheesy taste,  then dash of Turmeric gives the sauce a beautiful golden color.  A 1/2 cup of Dayia cheddar shreds adds extra cheesiness.  Once everything is smooth and creamy in the pot, I add the noodles to the pot and stir until well coated.
P1010629

P1010631

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts