Plants never tasted so good.

30.10.11

Steaming Grits on a Snowy October Morning

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1010353

Snow in October?  How did this happen before Halloween?  I think someone is playing a trick on the North East. 

Andy and Mya both asked for grits on this cold and snowy morning.  It was surprisingly chilly outside when I took these pictures.  I was carrying my bowl and camera out onto the deck, not expecting it to be coated with ice, and I slid all the way to the railing.  Luckily, I did not drop or break anything, this time!

I made these grits from a bag of Bob’s Red Mill coarse grain organic corn grits.  All it takes is 3 cups water, (but I used 2 cups water, 1 cup almond milk for extra creaminess) a dash of salt and a rapid boil, then slowly whisk in 1 cup grits. Turn the heat down to low and keep whisking frequently for about 4 minutes, then in the last minute, shred in a little vegan Monterey Jack and some nutritional yeast.  Once removed from the stove and poured into a bowl,  top it with some vegan bacon bits and a pat of buttery spread.  Sprinkle with sea salt and crank on some pepper and you have a warm creamy breakfast on a cold and snowy morning.  I still can’t believe I am saying “snowy”!!!!

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday morning.

P1010350

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts