Plants never tasted so good.

28.10.11

Halloween Party, Monster Fingers and Lunch!

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1010344

Mya had her school Halloween party today.  There were lots of goodies on their menu.  One was called “monster toes”.  It was made from hotdogs and flour tortilla's.  I always want Mya to be able to participate in these activities without feeling left out over an animal based item.  So, we got up a little earlier and made our own.  We called ours “monster fingers” because ours used 1/2 of a veggie dog opposed to cocktail franks in the “toe” recipe. We also used a whole wheat wrap instead of the white flour wrap.  I have to say they turned out really cute.  I can’t wait to bring them to my cousins Halloween party on Monday.

P1010335

P1010339

After Mya left for school we ran around a bit and were home and starved by lunch.  I had Andy check the bread truck for a loaf of Rye bread that I was hoping we had left.  Yes!  We had one.  I love hot roast tofurkey in gravy on rye with veg Swiss and creamy horseradish sauce.  This hit the spot.  I did not even get hungry again until 6:30pm!

P1010346_edited-1

P1010348_edited-1

Happy almost Halloween!

P1010343

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts