Plants never tasted so good.

25.2.11

Gardien Chik’n Pulled BBQ Style with Homemade Slaw

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

DSC03041
I was craving BBQ after having some Vegan Riblets the other day.  I just wanted more BBQ.  Enter the healthy Pulled Chicken Sandwich.  This was plate lick’en good.  I used Gardien’s Filets to make the pulled chik’n  I slightly defrosted them, the thinly sliced them into rough strips.  I tossed them into a heated pan with a Tbsp. of olive oil already heated.  I stirred them around for a few minutes until they started to brown.  Then, I turned down the heat to simmer and added my semi-homemade BBQ Sauce.  I let it simmer about 10 minutes.  I also grilled my whole wheat sandwich thins.  These are great (100 calories, 5 grams protein, 4 grams fiber) I love them.  I topped the thins with a smidge of vegan mayo, baby greens, tomato, sprouts, and a some thin sliced sweet onions.  Perfect!
The slaw a great side, full of great nutrition and lots of color.
Green cabbage, red cabbage, a little onion, shredded carrots, beans sprouts, and a sweet and spicy blend of apple cider vinegar, vegan mayo, agave nectar, pinch of sea salt, pepper and celery seed.  Perfectly crunchy, sweet and sour.  This goes great as a side or right on the sandwich. 
DSC03042

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts