Plants never tasted so good.

30.4.13

What I Ate Wednesday #63

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

WIAW 63

So quickly another week has passed.  I’ve been enjoying so many great gluten free vegan meals.  I even found a way to enjoy gluten free pizza while watching Mya and Andy devour the homemade cast iron cooked pizza.  The weather is finally changing around here and I am really excited for summer to come. You can remind me of that in two months when I am complaining about the heat. Winking smile

 

Breakfast:

P1100843

In order to not bore you with another shake or tofu egg, I thought I would change it up a little with some oatmeal.  Not my favorite breakfast, I am more of a spicy veggie and tofu girl in the morning, but once in awhile oatmeal will make it’s way into my rotation. I love oats, but more for a cold winters day afternoon snack than for breakfast.  I was quite surprised how full it kept me until lunch.  Usually I am hungry an hour after oats. I think it might have been the protein powder that helped with that.

P1100836

This breakfast bowl consisted of 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant), 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1 tbsp. raisins, cinnamon, 1 tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 tbsp. raw walnuts, 1 tbsp. dehydrated unsweetened coconut, and always topped with a splash of coconut milk! Tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie!

P1100841

P1100847

Lunch:

I made a batch of veggie soup on Sunday that was chock full of veggies and beans.  I consider it like a detox soup. Lots of carrots, leeks, peas, corn, sweet potatoes, cabbage, and tomatoes.  Herbs and spices made this soup both healthy and delicious.  I thought it would be a great side to my tofu salad for lunch.

P1100879

The tofu salad lent some extra protein to lunch, and I used a savory flavored baked tofu to make it fast and simple.P1100848

Baked Tofu Salad: 1 package baked tofu, I used savory flavor, 1 minced carrot, 1 minced small onion, 2 stalks celery minced, and 4 tablespoons reduced fat Vegenaise (vegan mayo).  Mix all ingredients together and serve on tortillas, bread, or crackers.  

P1100854

P1100862

P1100864

P1100866

Dinner:

P1100898

P1100874

Dinner was another bowl of soup, with a side of roasted cauliflower. I tossed the cauliflower with some olive oil and seasoned it with salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and Mrs. Dash Garlic seasoning.  I roasted the cauliflower at 450 for 15 minutes, turning it a few times. It came out tasting like popcorn cauliflower.  We ate the whole head!

Raw:

P1100885

Seasoned:

P1100888

Roasted:

P1100889

P1100891

P1100895

P1100893

Dinner was early and light, so we had a berry shake to finish the night.  Extra protein and fiber made the day’s meals complete. 

P1100412

Bonus…

What I Ate Saturday: Smile, Sparkle, Shine!

P1100822

Saturday Night was Mya’s annual school variety show. It is a variety of hip hop dance performed by students in every grade who volunteer to be in the show. After five months of practice, show night was finally here, the show name was Smile, Sparkle, Shine! Before the show, it was pizza night.

I brought home some pizza dough from the bakery for Mya and Andy and I had a brown rice tortilla ready for my crust.  I cooked up some veggies for toppings and used Teese mozzarella for our cheese. 

My brown rice tortilla was the perfect choice for a super thin crispy crust.  

I baked the real pizza dough in a cast iron pan that created the perfect crust.  This is by far Mya and Andy’s favorite way to have pizza.

  P1100797

P1100800

P1100810

P1100812

P1100813

P1100815

P1100789

P1100817

P1100780

P1100819

Almost show time…

P1100825

P1100828

 

Mya did a great job and had so much fun with her friends.  She is so disappointed that it is over until next year. That about wraps up this WIAW.  I will be sending out my next post tomorrow, my blog got nominated for a Liebster Award!  I’m honored and excited to share the details with you in my next post.  Until then…

Have a great Wednesday!

shiny_red_apple_for_teacher_0515-1007-2718-1227_SMU

10 comments:

  1. The pizza looks incredible! I need a cast iron pan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the cast iron over a stone, no hour preheat required, yet it still has a crispy crust, and a pillow-y inside! It is worth the $15 investment. Extra small pans are perfect for personal pizzas.

      Delete
  2. Your breakfast looks great! Oatmeal raisin cookie? Yum! :)

    Glad you're finding a great variety with your gluten-free and vegan meals. That brown rice tortilla pizza sounds awesome.

    How cute is that video? Love their outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet. I wish I had Mya's confidence, I could never dance on stage.

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, pizza! Sometimes I think I could eat pizza every.single.day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh I'm loving the pizza. I'm having a hard time watching my family eat pizza because I'm off gluten and tomatoes right now. Pretty much exes out that meal.
    I love pizza topped with lots of veg though.
    I'm a sweet breakfast person, so I love the look of your oats. So creamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really good as a crust without paying a fortune for a real gluten free pizza crust. I tied other tortillas but the Trade Joe one was super crispy and one 130 calories!

      Delete
  5. The oatmeal and pizza are my favorites! I love raisins and a little cinnamon in my oats--it really does taste like a cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts