Plants never tasted so good.

10.1.12

Scramble and Shake

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1030632

Yes, it is another one of my tofu breakfast scrambles.  I don’t know if it was growing up Italian and always having peppers at every meal, or if I just have a savory tooth, but I love breakfasts that are full of vegetables and tofu “eggs”. 

Today’s scramble, for two, consisted of  1 medium russet potato, 1/2 Vidalia onion, 3/4 cup chopped mixed peppers, 1/4 cup chopped publano peppers (for heat), 1/2 pack frozen spinach, and 1/2 block tofu.  This kept me full and energized through my workout.  It was delicious.  Just the right amount of spicy and totally filling.

Instead of my post workout coffee, I made a simple shake.  I did not want the almond or coconut milk calories, so I kept it to: water, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1/4 frozen banana, 1/4 scoop cherry spiru-tein powder, 1 tbsp. chia seeds, and 3/4 scoop vanilla soy protein powder.  I blended until smooth and creamy.  Perfect after workout rejuvenation. 

As soon as I was done my workout, I put some wheat berries onto cook for a wheat berry salad for lunch.  They take an hour, plus cooling, so it was perfect timing.  I can’t wait to show you how great that salad is.

P1030603 P1030605

 

P1030631

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts