Plants never tasted so good.

1.12.11

Quiche, it’s what for dinner!

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

P1010789

I was stumped on what to make for dinner, so I went leafing through my cookbooks, and I was inspired by a quiche recipe I saw.  I have not made a vegan quiche in quite sometime.  It was a real treat.  I am so glad I took the less than 30 minutes to put it all together and pop it in the oven.

The ingredients are pretty simple (this is my adaptation of the recipe that I used as a guide):

  • 1 whole wheat pie shell
  • 1 block tofu
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1 bunch asparagus, sliced in 1/2” angled pieces
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1/2 an onion, small dice
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. Thyme
  • 1 tsp. Sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp. white pepper
  • 1 tsp. Turmeric
  • 1/4 cup Dayia cheese

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 375.   Poke fork holes in crust before placing in oven to prevent rising. Pre bake crust 10 minutes.

Heat a pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil.  Soften 1/2 diced onions and minced garlic for 3 minutes.  Then add broccoli and asparagus.  Cook about 10 minutes.  Then add thyme, sea salt, turmeric and pepper.

In a food processor place 1/2 cup cashew nuts.  Pulse until powdery crumbles.  Add tofu in pieces.  Add 1 tsp. Dijon.  Blend until smooth.  Add 1/2 of vegetable mixture.  Blend again.  Transfer mixture to bowl.  Add rest of vegetable mixture, 1/4 cup Dayia cheese and mix together.  Add additional salt and pepper if desired. Spoon into crust.  Smooth out top.  Garnish with asparagus pieces. I drizzled a tiny bit of olive oil on top.  Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.  Remove from oven and let rest for 25 minutes.  Slice and enjoy. We just had a simple salad on the side.P1010781

P1010782_edited-1

P1010787_edited-1

P1010791

P1010792

P1010793

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts