Plants never tasted so good.

11.11.11

It all started with a ball of dough…

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010574
While out visiting a few of my bread delivery customers yesterday, I picked up a ball of dough (thank you Anthony at Tosco’s).  You cannot go in and out of pizza shops for hours and not come home wanting a pizza.  So this is how I transformed that ball of dough into a slice of heaven.
  Since I drove with the dough for over an hour, which is plenty long enough to have it brought down to room temperature.  Next, I preheated my oven to 450. I prepared my “holey” pizza pan with a quick mist of olive oil cooking spray. Set that aside.  On a clean counter I rolled out my dough with a rolling pin until it was the perfect size for my pan.  I then laid the dough circle onto my pan, massaged a teaspoon of olive oil on top,  and set aside again.  I like to let it rise a few minutes for a thicker crust.  While it was rising I prepared my toppings.  They were leftover Trade Joe pizza sauce from the other day, baby spinach leaves, paper thin sliced onions, mushrooms, and my last link of Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausage.  I spread the sauce on the dough, then I layered the toppings, onions, spinach, sausage, then I shredded Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella directly onto the pie.  Season with pizza seasoning and hot pepper flakes.  Then I popped it into the oven for about 10 minutes, then lowered the temp to 350 until the cheese was melted.
This pizza was not less than awesome.  It was crispy on the bottom and fluffy on top.  It was so good I burned off the roof of my mouth because I didn’t let it cool long enough before I devoured my 2 slices.  Shamefully, Andy, Mya and me ate the WHOLE PIE for dinner.  I usually make a large salad on the side so that does not happen, we just wanted pizza.  Here’s how it went:
Before cheese..
   P1010568
P1010569
After cheese…
P1010570

Out of the oven…
P1010575

P1010577
P1010578_edited-1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts