Plants never tasted so good.

10.11.11

Breakfast Scramble

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010523
Now this was a satisfying breakfast.  I felt like it must be a holiday to have a gourmet scramble like this.  The Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Veggie Sausage is incredible.   It is a great staple to keep in your kitchen even for non vegans.  It is so versatile and last forever because it is not meat.  The flavor and texture is so remarkable you would never guess is not meat.  Anyway, back to the scramble.
P1010518
The ingredients in this scramble were:
  • 2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
  • 1 package Tofu, broken in pieces
  • 1 link Smoked Apple Sage Field Roast Sausage, sliced thin.
  • 2 Small Potatoes
  • 1 Sweet Onion
  • 2 cups Baby Spinach
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper
  • 2 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
  • 1/4  teaspoon Turmeric
  • 1/4 Cup Daiya Cheese
I love to poach my broken up tofu in sea salted water to give it the egg texture.  While I am doing that, I prepare my veggies.  This time I cooked them slightly different.  I used my mandolin slicer and cut the potatoes in super thin slices.  Then I put them in a preheated cast iron pan with 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
P1010521

Once the potatoes were partly cooked, I added the onion, and a crank or two of sea salt.
I let my tofu poach in the salted water about 10 minutes.  Then I drain it, put it in a bowl, season with sea salt, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and pepper.  Set aside.
When the onions and potatoes were cooked, I moved them to the side and added 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and then put in my thin sliced of sausage.  I cooked them 2 minutes on one side, then flipped and two minutes on the other side.  Then mix it all together.  Next, I poured my tofu egg on top and mixed in .  Two cups of baby spinach followed that.  Put a lid on 2 minutes, turn heat to low.  Once spinach is wilted, mix again and sprinkle the Diaya cheese on top.  Cook until melted and serve!  This served 3 of us.
P1010524

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts