Plants never tasted so good.

3.10.11

My new breakfast obsession … Poached Tofu Eggs with Sautéed Greens

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

P1000960

I am not sure what to call this fantastic find, but I know I could eat it everyday.  I have been making it for over a week with a variation between spinach and kale.

It starts with poached tofu, which tastes so much like egg white it is scary.  While that is cooking, I sauté a huge bunch of baby kale or frozen spinach in a little bit of olive oil and a fresh paper thinly sliced clove of garlic.  While it is cooking, I season it with a few cranks of sea salt and black pepper.  Once I remove the tofu from it’s salted water, I place in a hot pan with a teaspoon of “butter”, then I top it with Vegan Swiss “Cheese” and let it melt.  The whole meal comes together on top of a well toasted 100% whole grain English muffin.

I can’t explain how good and filling this is.  De-li-cious!!!!!!   But see…I could not take a picture without first having a bite.  And for those of you counting, it is less than 300 calories.  YUM!

P1000962

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts