Plants never tasted so good.

23.10.11

I Love Sunday:Baked Apples, Potpie, & Cauliflower Mash

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious
P1010242
Sunday Dinner is my favorite meal of the week.  I love spending hours in the kitchen making a fabulous family meal for us all to enjoy.  Tonight’s meal was a classic comfort meal.  Not my “lightest”, but I had a very light lunch with anticipation of dinner. 
My vegan pot pie started with sautéed onions, celery, and garden herbs.  Fresh picked  parsley and sage.  Then I cooked the  potatoes, garlic, mixed veggies and veg chick’n just until the potatoes began to soften.  I made my sage scented gravy from scratch, then I blended all the filling together and let cool.  Once the mixture was cool and the oven was hot, I filled my frozen wheat crust with my filling and then topped it with moist stuffing and put it in the oven to bake about 50 minutes at 400.
P1010222
P1010229
P1010230
The skillet apples:  I pan fried apples in 1 tbsp. vegan butter until they just started to soften.  Then added cinnamon and a few pinches of brown sugar and popped them into the oven covered with foil.
P1010233
P1010234
P1010238
My other side dish was cauliflower mash.  One whole head cauliflower steamed with 1 chopped potato and 3 cloves garlic.  It takes about 20 minutes to steam until soft.  Once steamed, I placed the cauliflower, potato and garlic into my food processor and pulsed until blended smooth.  During the final pulses I seasoned with sea salt, white pepper, a pinch of garlic powder, a few tbsp. of nutritional yeast and a splash of almond milk.
Everything was done about the same time.  While the potpie cooled down enough to cut, I made some gravy for the side.
Ready to devour.  Andy said it was a magical meal.  What a compliment!!!!!
P1010244

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts