Plants never tasted so good.

2.2.11

Super Snacks

Posted by Sinfully Nutritious

 

DSC02941

I have been experimenting with Super Bowl snacks for the weekend.  I think this dip is a winner.  Not only is it creamy and delicious, but it is super nutritious.  Instead of a sour cream base,  I used a drained can of butter beans.  These beans blend to a creamy luscious texture.  I added seasonings that make ranch dressing, a tablespoon of vegan cream cheese, clove of garlic, and finished it off  with fresh parsley and 1 1/2 cups baby spinach blended in.  This is full of phytonutrients, fiber, and protein.  To keep the nutrition points going…serve it with fresh veggies and light crisp rye crackers.  We will see if everyone agrees Sunday.

 

DSC02940

Along with this great dip, I also made this roasted asparagus with a lemon cashew creamy vinaigrette dipping sauce.  The dipping sauce blew me away.  I put it on anything I could until it was gone and then I scraped the bowl clean.  It was incredible.  Even my 7 year old ate all her asparagus with this sauce.

  DSC02942

DSC02943

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts